(FA) is found in the leaves and seeds of most plants, and in especially high concentration in the brans of grasses such as rice, wheat and oats. It has strong antioxidant properties that make it especially useful in the formulation of anti-aging cosmetics. Chemically reactive molecules known as free radicals are produced as byproducts of normal biochemical processes. Once produced, they are capable of damaging almost any biological structure they contact. Our cells are prone to free radical damage. In skin, this damage can be perceived as aging. Ferulic acid is excellent at neutralizing free radicals, especially the free radicals known as "superoxide", "hydroxyl radical" and "nitric oxide". It also acts synergistically with other antioxidants to increase their efficacy. Interestingly, Ferulic Acid's antioxidant activity is boosted by exposure to UV light, indicating it may be helpful in protecting skin fro sun damage.
- Very powerful antioxidant and anti-aging agent
- Acts as a synergistic with other antioxidants especially vitamin C & E
- Can neutralize several damaging free radicals such as superoxide, hydroxyl radical and nitric oxide Prevents damages to skin cells caused by ultraviolet light
- Has anti-irritant properties
- May have some skin-whitening effects (inhibits production of melanin)
Ferulic Acid - Creamy Moisturizers
- No returns are allowed.
- Cancellations are accepted within 24 hours. Once the order gets to the lab for production, the order is final.
- Refunds usually take 3 to 5 working days.
- Add- ons: we will send you a new invoice if you added an add-on to your order. The new price in your invoice will show the amount paid in this order. Your Product can be customized to up 3 ingredients including fragrance.
- Shipping for some products is not available outside the USA.
- This is a lab order, processing times depend on product availability. If the product production takes longer than 15 -20 working days the lab will contact you to let you know the new delivery day.
- Thanksgiving semi-annual sale may take longer to ship due to an increase in orders.