Delays the appearance of skin aging by decades!
Aging skin tends to lose its look of youthful resilience and elasticity. Skin aging is the number one cosmetic concern. Scientific data show that skin layers thin and the concentration of proteins such as collagen decreases.Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’. Its unique mechanism of action helps reduce visible signs of the naturally occurring cellular aging process known as senescence, delaying the appearance of skin aging by decades.
Autophagy: an essential biochemical housekeeping process
Autophagy is the key process by which cellular waste is removed or recycled. The process starts with the formation of double membrane structures (phagophores). The phagophores then close and form autophagosomes, which sequester damaged cell components. Each autophagosome fuses with a lysosome to form an autolysosome, in which waste matter is degraded by lysosomal enzymes into amino acids, fatty acids, sugars, and nucleotides.
These newly formed molecules are now liberated from the autolysosome and can be used for the neo-synthesis of functional biomolecules and for the generation of ATP (improved energy supply).
Exceptional high quality Asparagus from Navarra, northern Spain
The Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’ for DSM’s age-defying new ingredient is exclusively cultivated in Navarra, northern Spain. Conditions here are optimal for asparagus growing, with incredibly fertile soil composed of clayish loam, having a slightly elevated pH and a high organic content. Navarra also has the ideal spring climate for asparagus growing, with cold nights below 12°C and warmer days.
Asparagus cultivation is particularly labor intensive. In Navarra harvesting is carried out manually before sunrise to preserve the quality of the product and ensure it can be delivered fresh the same day. And around 340 physicochemical analyses are routinely performed each season, ensuring that Navarra asparagus remains among the most exquisite available and superior to almost any other variety in the world. Navarra Asparagus officinalis 'Grolim' contains particularly high quantities of saponins, with Dioscin and Yamoscin, as major components. Saponins are known to be positive modulators of autophagy.
Extended studies have confirmed that Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’ extract significantly combats two major signs of skin aging by giving the skin a firmer, thicker appearance. Consequently, Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’ extract can leave skin looking rejuvenated.
Helps stimulate the skin's own autophagy capabilities, slowing the process of cellular senescence*
In vivo significantly improves collagen density and dermis thickness
Ex vivo almost completely protected donor skin against signs of sunburn caused by exposure to UV radiation
Made specifically from Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’, which has a particularly high active molecule content
* in vitro immunofluorescent detection of LC3 protein (key autophagic marker) in fibroblasts in monolayer culture.
Raw material approved by ECOCERT GREENLIFE, conforms to the ECOCERT Natural and Organic Cosmetics Standard
Boosts skin’s innate strength to delay cellular aging by decades
Stimulates skin’s detoxifying processes, independently of age
Provides an overall skin rejuvenation effect
Asparagus Officinalis Stem Extract for Toners
- No returns are allowed.
- Cancellations are accepted within 24 hours. Once the order gets to the lab for production, the order is final.
- Refunds usually take 3 to 5 working days.
- Add- ons: we will send you a new invoice if you added an add-on to your order. The new price in your invoice will show the amount paid in this order. Your Product can be customized to up 3 ingredients including fragrance.
- Shipping for some products is not available outside the USA.
- This is a lab order, processing times depend on product availability. If the product production takes longer than 15 -20 working days the lab will contact you to let you know the new delivery day.
- Thanksgiving semi-annual sale may take longer to ship due to an increase in orders.